So I accidentally deleted the armature modifier and when I go to make another one, my object warps. When I try un-checking vertex groups, the armature will line up with the object again but I cant use it for animation. So how do I line up the armature and mesh with keeping vertex groups checked?
To fix this follow the below steps:
- Select your mesh
- Hit ctrl+A and choose apply Scale
- Do same step 2 and apply location and rotation
- Select your armature
- Switch to Pose mode
- Hit Space Bar and choose "Apply Pose as Rest Pose"
- Select Mesh then select armature and hit ctrl+P
- Parent with automatic weighting
It will be working fine as shown below: