I want to be able to select certain vertices, apply a texture, and then select the rest to apply another texture. How can I do this?
This is one way to add many textures to one object that has several faces:
- cycles render
- material tab click "use nodes"
- texture tab click "new"
- click open find texture you wish to use
- click material tab look for surface menu
- then to the right of color click the little box icon
- choose image texture
- an up/down arrow appears
- choose the texture
- go into edit mode and face select, then enable texture mode
- click on the first face and hold shift and highlight each additional area
- now press "U" on the keyboard and choose "unwrap"
- then go to materials tab and click "assign"
- now just add more textures and assign to each face