I need to be able to resize the effect strip "Colour" in the VSE, which is defaulting to full screen size, and I can find no options to resize it to be smaller and occupy the exact part of the video I need it to occupy. It's all or nothing. I tried looking it up in the Blender manual, at https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/dev/editors/vse/sequencer/strips/effects/color.html, but those instructions were not helpful at all and appear to be wrong. I have no tools to edit the size of my colour strip and I tried using the "crop" tool inside the "edit strip" box, but that did nothing.

So how am I supposed to do this?


When you enable cropping, enable "Image Offset" as well.

enter image description here

I also recommend you check out the VSE_Transform_Tools Addon which makes this kind of thing a piece of cake.

  • $\begingroup$ "When you enable cropping, enable "Image Offset" as well." - I tried that and it doesn't work. It always crops from the right, regardless of whether I set a "Left" or "Right" side crop. I also can't see the frame in the background to know when I have the crop aligned in the right place and size. I just see the "transparency" BG in the front frame (the colour strip). I checked the link for that addon, but I can't find anywhere to download it, just info on contributors and contributions history. $\endgroup$ – Radiant Freedom Jun 6 '18 at 17:04
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ When Image Offset is enabled, you'll need to also set the x and y position as well to crop from both directions. I really recommend that addon for this kind of thing. $\endgroup$ – doakey3 Jun 6 '18 at 17:09
  • $\begingroup$ OK, thanks, I did manage to find the download link, which was hidden a bit in a long list of other things. I'll try it out next time I have some spare time to work on my video. Thanks. $\endgroup$ – Radiant Freedom Jun 6 '18 at 18:23

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.