Is there a keyboard map to switch between vertex, edge and faces in Edit mode using the Maya key bindings?

I'm also on a laptop with Emulate Numpad set.

It's documented that "Ctrl-Tab" should work with Blender keybindings but this switchers to Weight Paint Mode instead. (So I can't use that to search the key bindings to find/switch to something useful.)

In Maya, the keys are F9, F10 and F11, but these do something else, regardless of what key bindings are selected.

(If someone knows a good way to find Maya bindings in Blender that would be good too)

In Blender 2.78a.

  • $\begingroup$ I find the default element-switching in edit mode painful - this isn't the Maya binding, (and it's not perfect either), but I use 1234Select. Things will change in 2.8, by all accounts. $\endgroup$
    – Robin Betts
    Sep 15, 2018 at 7:41

1 Answer 1


Ctrl+Tab is documented for default Blender layout; there it changes selection mode in Edit mode, in Object mode it activates Weight Paint.
In Maya bindings Ctrl+Tab switches to Weight Paint interaction mode both in Object and Edit modes.
It appears that select mode menu in this case will be on clicking RMB.

I suggest refering to User Preferences > Input window to check for the key bindings there.


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .