i'm a new blender i'm trying to making edges corners become rounded but i couldn't find any way to makes it.I tried to use Insert faces (shortcut I) and Bevel but it didn't work as i expected,i don't know if i have missed something please give me an advice.
Rounding the corners of the inset face cannot be done directly.
But you can extrude it and so have a "volume" that can be beveled.
- Select the inset face
- Extrude E
- Go to edge select mode CtrTab
- Select the edges
- Bevel CtrlB (use mouse wheel or +/- from the numpad to choose the amount of bevel)
- Once ok, remove the extrude face (select it then X then vertices)
- Remake the original face: back to edge select mode CtrTab, then Alt select the border then F to make the face
There are two bevel functions.
- Normal Egde Bevel with Ctrl+B
- Vertex Bevel with Ctrl+Shift+B
What you want to do is bevel/round the corners/vertices.