I'm having issues with my object with the subdivision surface modifier. I can't seem to find what I'm doing wrong. It creates overlapping faces that I can't edit.
You are probably in this situation:
The problem is due to the ngons surrounding the hole: they are not easily processed by the subsurface modifier, so you need to change them into quads.
- Enter edit mode
- Set mesh select mode to "face" CtrlTab
- Select the ngons
- Triangulate CtrlT
- Make quads AltJ (reselect and redo it as needed)
- There is some glitches at the corner
- So surround the hole CtrlR
- And adjust the position of the surrounding section