I have a curve that I extracted from my main object - a boulder. Now I want a "step" object to duplicate along that curve, but I get some weird, unexpected, undesired results using Array+Curve mods. I have applied transforms to both objects.
No modifier required when using a curve:
- create your curve, make sure the radius, weights, tilt along the curve are as desired (otherwise it will scale/rotate your mesh...):
- assign your object to the curve and clear the origin (Alt-O)
- For your model, select Duplication/frame, uncheck "Speed" and set the number of instances you want in the "end" field
- For the curve, set the same number of frames as in 3. in the Path Animation section, set the Evaluation Time as 0 and check Follow if you want your mesh to have its direction follow the curve (I guess you want to uncheck it in your case):
- select your original mesh then Shift-Ctrl-A to "Make Duplicate Real".