Blender Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people who use Blender to create 3D graphics, animations, or games. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have a complex mesh that I would like to change the proportions to. Using this mesh as a simplified example, how to I make this:

unskewed square

Into this?

skewed square

Again, the mesh I'm working with is complex, so simplifying it into a 6-sided square, shrinking one face, then subdividing it would not be a viable option.

share|improve this question
up vote 7 down vote accepted

You can do this non-destructively using a Simple Deform Modifier.

  1. Select the desired mesh

  2. In the modifiers tab add a Simple Deform Modifier

  3. Set the type to Taper

  4. Adjust Factor to increase/decrease the amount of deformation.

enter image description here

share|improve this answer

There are several ways you can do it.

  1. Resizing with proportional editing.

  2. Using a modifier like lattice, or mesh deform using another object to control the deformation.

share|improve this answer
Can you please elaborate? Explain more precisely steps for each solution, it would be better ;) – Polosson Apr 6 '14 at 16:39

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.